Those so-called "10 Meter" radios
Orson Wells as Citizen_Cain
2006-09-15 03:59:27 UTC
As a licensed Amateur, I often listen to and use the 10 meter band. I
also hear truck drivers who have bought illegal "10 meter" radios and
are
transmitting up there without license.
Well dude, just to make you feel a lot better, I was one who actually did
something about the problem.
YOU, Bullis? The guy who can't drive a truck without crashing into
something?
With truckstops selling the radios like candy, I wrote the FCC director
about the problem and made known that these truckstops were doing so.
I'm sure the FCC director took your constant use of "ain't," "naked,"
"children," and "Taylor" into consideration.
Charges were filed against the Pilot truckstops once it was determined
many
of them were doing so. They lost the battle and are no longer selling the
radios. Other truckstops removed the radios as well. IOW, it's damn
difficult for truckers to find them unless they know some rogue cb shop
that
still sells them.
If a trucker still has one, get his truck number, company name and turn
his
ass in.
St00pid you won't live to age 60. You're aware of this, right?
Orson Wells as Citizen_Cain
2006-09-15 04:03:01 UTC
I just HAVE to get this off mine. Look, a million or so truckers have
the
10-meter capable radios, but few of us ever venture off the CB channels.
And what the fuck anyway. Without being hooked to a big properly
synchronized linear, the peaked and tuned radio still packs only 15-25
watts, even on 10-meter. Lighten up, dude: we are not hurting anyone;
we
certainly are not talking over the top of big base stations and HAM
mobile
radios.
If you are transmitting voice on 10 meter, in the band just above 11
meters,
you sir, are in violation of federal law.
What the hell do you know about federal law, Bullis?
What part of "Code Only" fails to register in that ignorant brain of
yours?

Bullis when you pour your Alpha-Bits into the cereal bowl, do they ever
spell out the letters "I-R-O-N-Y?"
Secondly, transmitting on that frequency without a license, voice or code,
will get you a date in federal court.
You can sing your song to the judge.
"Oh we're not hurting anyone".
If you knew code, and you heard an SOS signal, interrupted that signal
with
illegal voice, you could be held guilty of interfering with an emergency.
Gee, maybe I should alert Mr. Hollingsworth at the FCC that Southern Cal
Transport drivers have illegal radios.
Your boss will be so impressed when he gets slapped with the fine.
You're an asshole and a retard, Bullis. Go try to track down Taylor.