Know the law! Dumbshits in trucks
Orson Wells as CitizenCain
2009-03-16 03:14:49 UTC
Below is the actual law in regards to transportation of weapons in ANY
vehicle. Not just CMV's.
Having the weapon ready at hand is considered "CCW".
Even though the recent driver who shot and killed a would be thief is
not being prosecuted, he could very well have been for violating this
federal law, as well as "use of deadly force".
Bullis Mason, ready to do his part to put innocents in jail as he dispenses
with "advice" that is illegal or worse.
Title 18 Setcion 926(a). The peacable journey law.
TITLE 18-CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I-CRIMES
CHAPTER 44-FIREARMS
Sec. 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or
regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person
who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting,
shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a
firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may
lawfully
possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the
firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being
transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the
passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in
the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's
compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked
container other than the glove compartment or console.
Orson Wells as CitizenCain
2009-03-16 03:15:57 UTC
NO. A CMV is a CMV until it's reclassified as not a CMV. I believe that
reclassification requires an official inspection, such as taking an old
bus
and recreating it as a camper. There are many old wive's tales from back
in
the day that once a truck was parked it was a dwelling and that made
inspection by law enforcement verboten without a warrant. Don't believe
those tales. Those stories are no more true and the ones about avoiding a
logbook violation by putting it in an envelope with a stamp on the
outside.
A CMV is subject to inspection by proper authority.
Did he really say that?
Uh dude, listen buddy ole boy, I don't give a shit about no frickin
DOT inspectors anywhere when I've got my rig parked, permanently, on
my own damn property. They don't have the authority to inspect even
with a damn warrant. It ain't on the road, it ain't being used for
commercial purposes, it's out of their jurisdiction. Capiche?
You really are a fucking numbskull, Bullis. True to everything stupid and
obscene.
You ever seen a DOT inspector at a truck dealership inspecting the
trucks for sale? If you have, he's way off his rocker.
An old school bus converted to a camper is a camper or RV. It is no
longer a school bus. They are licensed as RV's NOT CMV's. Ergo, DOT
can't do jack shit about it.
Yes a CMV is subject to inspection by proper authority, but not when
that vehicle is on private property and that includes truck stops.
Yeah I know you're gonna tell me some story about how DOT cops can do
inspections in truckstops. And I'll show you a cop that's violating
the law.